My mum let me try on her things when I was a child. Jewelry is so fun to play with. The feel of the stones and the weight and immediate glamour of it was intoxicating. Also I love to collect things, jewelry holds weight, regardless of worth, and there are always stories to how you buy it.
- The oversized gold nail bracelet by Aldo Cipullo is from 1970 and it was my first present from my husband very early on in our relationship.
- The ring with a yellow sapphire and Demantoid Garnet by Hemmerle is my engagement ring.
- The lapis, gold and diamond earrings, that I gave myself as a 30th birthday present, are done by Fernando Jorge.
- The Cartier MAD watch was a Valentine’s Day present from my shop. Isn’t that sweet?
- A Rosa de la Cruz chain with my husband’s wedding band on it – he doesn’t wear jewelry so I keep in on a long chain that Rosa made for me.
- I was lucky to get two engagement rings. This one is a Victorian cut diamond in a 1930s setting.
- The Perspex and silver butterfly choker by Chloé is from the Phoebe Philo days – I wanted it desperately when I was 19 and when I eventually found it on eBay years later, my dad bought it for me as a present.